Wednesday, July 6, 2011

meanwhile 2 songs...[pt.1]

I have so much to say, that I'm struggling with how to put it all in print.
...while I work on that, I'll leave you with 2 songs that came to mind during discussions tonight... [I did not write either one.]

Suzie's Diet
[by everybodyduck]

Suzy
has decided
that it's time to
lose some weight.
so she's resolved to
choose with caution
just what foods
go on her plate.
She bought
chocolate milkshake powder
that she drinks
three times a day.
Once a week
a piece of frozen
diet cheesecake is okay.

But despite
all of her efforts
Suzy's weight won't
go away.
She works
30 hours a week
at Sam's All You Can Eat Buffet.

Well,
I live my life
just like
Suzy's diet.
I'm surrounded
by the things
I vow to give up
and I like it.
Yes I live
my life
like Suzy's diet
I tell myself
that I should quit
but with it
all around
I just can't help but try it.

Suzy
is discouraged
'cause she can't
take off the pounds.
And then
she feels the pains
of hunger
as her stomach
starts to growl.
So she goes
into the break room
to mix up her
diet shake
and then she quickly swallows
two servings of
Sam's chicken fried steak.

Throughout her shift
she feels
the need to sample,
taste, and try each dish.
And as she stands on
the scale at night
quicker results
are her heart wish.

Well I
live my life
just like
Suzy's diet.
I surround myself
with things I vow to
give up
and I like it.
And I'm bound
to fail
just like
Suzy's diet.
Good intentions
can't survive in bad surroundings where
you just can't help but try it.

Suzy's biggest problem
was that she
just couldn't see
she put herself in situations
where she'd be tempted
easily.
If we choose to live our lives
the way the Bible says we should
We must leave out all that tempts us
and surround ourselves
with good.
'Cause bad company
corrupts good morals
it's a proven fact.
Honesty
within herself
was all that Suzie
truly lacked.

Do you live
your life
just like Suzy's diet?
Are you surrounded
by the things
that pull you down
and do you like it?
Do you live
your life just like
Suzy's diet?
If you're still playing
with your sin
you might just fool yourself
but God's not
gonna buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment